Solvent-assisted Dyeing of Cotton Fibre – A Laboratory-scale Study
- This project explored a textiles dyeing process using organic solvent as a major dyeing medium. The process could significantly reduce the consumption of large amount of water and chemicals as in traditional aqueous dyeing process. Besides, the organic solvent could be recycled and reused. The process could be applied to the materials like linen, silk, wool, and nylon. The fabric dyed in this process, comparing with traditional aqueous dyeing process, shows good colour fastness and similar hand feel.
- Technology Benefits
- - Using organic solvent instead of water as medium for textile dyeing process.
- Largely reduce water consumption and chemical waste production.
- dyeing without using salt and solvent could be recycled and reused.
- Applicable to materials such as cotton, linen and silk.
- Application Date
- 1. 09/03/2016
- Application No.
- 1. 201610118947.1
- Coverage Areas
- Dyeing & Finishing
Environmental Protection Sustianability
- Patent Information
- 1. Patent filed/China
2. Patent filed/PCT
- Mainland China
For more information, please click Here