- PPI-benzimidazole analogues for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Technology Benefits
- Active against multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
Tested in-vitro and in-vivo
SAR data available
- Technology Application
- new drug to treat Mtb infections.
- Detailed Technology Description
- he inventors were able to demonstrate that lansoprazole and derivatives thereof exhibit growth inhibiting properties against intracellular Mtb. In particular, it has been proven that the reduced form lansoprazole sulfide is the active moiety. Yet, lansoprazole is not metabolized in a sufficient amount to serve as a prodrug. Thus, the inventors propose lansoprazole sulfide (LPZS) as a new drug to treat Mtb infections.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 26/01/2016 00:00:00
- Application No.
- EP20160701631 20160126
- - international:
A61K31/4439; A61K45/06; A61P31/06
A61K31/4439; A61K45/06; A61P31/06; C07D401/12; A61K2300/00
- Patent application
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here