Vim3-based Fertility Diagnosis
- Fertility diagnosis: Vimentin 3 as a new marker for proof of sperm
- Technology Benefits
- Vim3 staining of sperm cells works as an easy and reliable initial test for sperm Quality.
Vim3 staining overcomes variations of manually assessed sperm morphology and motility in spermiograms.
May be offered as test to be performed at home and may thus find higher compliance than current lab-based sperm analysis
- Technology Application
- The technology is offered for licensing and further development as diagonstic test, assessment of fertility and sperm quality, assessment of fertility and sperm quality
- Detailed Technology Description
- Vimentin 3 (Vim3) is a novel marker for the diagnosis of sperm quality: the expression of Vim3 is significantly higher in ejaculates from persons with normozoospermia, whereas in ejaculates from patients with oligo-astheno-teratozoo-spermia (OAT) syndrome and azoospermia the expression of Vim3 is significantly decreased. Furthermore, in OAT syndrome cells, staining is less intensive but is also found in the head and tail region, as compared to a predominant staining of neck region in normal sperm cells.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 06/04/2018 00:00:00
- Application No.
- US201414779536 20140325
- - international:
- Patent application
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here