- Kallikrein-8 as an early biomarker for the prediction and diagnosis of Alzheimer`s disease – even of precursor stages long before clinical symptoms appear.
- Technology Benefits
- First-in-class therapy approach for AD
For the treatment and prevention of AD
Biomarker for predicting and diagnosing AD – even precursor stages of AD long before clinical symptoms appear
Molecular mode of action largely deciphered
- Technology Application
- KLK8 is a potential (early) biomarker for the diagnosis of for Alzheimer’s disease. Antibody-mediated inhibition of KLK8 is a promising therapeutic approach against for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Detailed Technology Description
- Four weeks of KLK8 inhibition in a moderate disease stage is sufficient to mitigate multiple features of Alzheimer’s pathology in mice without causing any adverse reactions. Cerebral KLK8 blockade reduces amyloid β (Aβ) pathology by impeding amyloidogenic amyloid-precursor-protein (APP) processing, facilitating Aβ clearance across the blood-brain-barrier and boosting microglial Aβ phagocytosis and autophagy, resulting in decreased Aβ plaque burden.
KLK8 inhibition further attenuates tau pathology by suppressing tau phosphorylation signaling and subsequent tau hyperphosphorylation.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 02/12/2016 00:00:00
- Application No.
- EP20160775537 20160921
- - international:
A61K39/395; A61P25/28; C07K16/40; G01N33/53
A61K39/395; A61P25/28; C07K16/40; A61K2039/505; A61K2039/54; A61K9/51; C07K2317/76
- Patent application
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here