Combination machine - Fomrative, additive and subtractive production in one clamping
- The combination machine is a hybrid technology that combines incremental forming with additive manufacturing for the first time. The machine is suitable for the production of special components in small series.
- Technology Benefits
- Combination of different manufacturing processes
Only one setup
Reduction of handling effort
Production of hybrid components
High energy, time and resource efficiency
No component-specific tools required
- Technology Application
- With the combination machine, sheet metal parts consisting of a simple basic shape and a detailed functional element can be manufactured much cheaper and faster than with additive manufacturing alone. The machine is suitable for the production of special components in small series.
- Detailed Technology Description
- In the machine, sheets can first be made into a basic shape by incremental forming without a component-specific tool. Subsequently, by additive methods such as e.g. the laser powder deposition welding geometrically complex form and functional elements applied. This is also possible on curved surfaces. A reworking of the surface by smooth and deep rolling as well as milling and drilling is also possible. The required tools are housed in an automatic tool magazine.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- Application No.
- DE20141014202 20140922
- - international:
B21D22/00; B23K26/34; B23P17/00; B23P23/04
B21D31/005; B23K26/0093; B23K26/0823; B23K26/0884; B23K26/14; B23K26/342; B23K37/0235; B23P15/00; B23P23/04; B23K2103/04
- Patent application
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here