IAP - Intrinsic Antimicrobial Polymers.
- novel intrinsic antimicrobial polymers. antimicrobial polymers are polymers with antimicrobial additives such as silver or copper
- Technology Benefits
- IAP as thermoplastic or thermoset material (UP-Resin, VE-Resin, VEU-Resin)
Cost effective (one patent allows a very cost effective way of production)
Cheap and convenient synthesis and processing
Variety of possible product applications
Environmentally friendly, no biocide additives needed
- Technology Application
- Several groups of polymers have been developed (homopolymers and copolymers) with favorable processing characteristics, e.q. can be used in an injection molding process or press molding.
- Detailed Technology Description
- Functionalized monomers, containing amine or quaternary ammonium/phosphonium can be polymerized to intrinsically microbial polymers. Unfortunately, they suffer from poor material properties (low glass transition temperature, high water uptake). The novel intrinsic antimicrobial polymers overcome these shortcomings
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 31/01/2014 00:00:00
- Application No.
- WO2014EP51955 20140131
- - international:
A01N33/04; A01N61/00; A01P1/00; C08F12/28; C08L101/00; C08L25/18; C09D139/00; C09D201/00; C09D5/14; C09D7/12; C09J11/08; C09J139/00; C09J201/00
A01N33/04; A01N37/34; A01N37/44; A01N43/40; C08F112/14; C08F12/28; C08F212/14; C08F26/02; C08F26/06; Y10T156/10 more
- Patent application
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here