Treating Alzheimer`s disease by targeting Amyloid ß-nitration
- A novel treatment of Alzheimer´s disease based on an antibody against the NITRATED form of Amyloid-beta42, thus avoiding the side effects that have been observed in other approaches.
- Technology Benefits
- Specific early diagnosis of AD, Novel and specific approach for treating AD,
Antibody specific to nitrated Aβ for further clinical development
- Technology Application
- The invention offers a novel approach for an early diagnosis of AD. The invention also opens new avenues for developing either NCEs or biologicals interfering with the nitrated Aβ. Antibody-based therapeutic approaches (e.g. passive/active vaccination) are currently being developed. Prophylactic approaches are also conceivable
- Detailed Technology Description
- Part of the inflammatory response in Alzheimer´s disease (AD) is the upregulation of the inducible nitric oxide synthase NOS2 resulting in increased NO production. The invention is based on the finding that amyloid β (Aβ) is nitrated at tyrosine 10 in AD-brains. Nitration accelerates its aggregation and is present in Aβ plaques. Injection of the nitrated protein into the brain of APP/PS1 transgenic mice leads to β-amyloidosis. An antibody specific to the nitrated form of Aβ has been developed. A therapeutic approach interfering with the nitrated Aβ (rather than with the native Aβ-peptide) may provide a very specific treatment with a reduced risk of side-effects.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 12/07/2010 00:00:00
- Application No.
- US201013383521 20100712
- - international:
A01K67/027; A61K38/17; A61K39/395; A61K49/00; A61P25/28; C07K1/14; C07K16/28; G01N33/566
C07K14/4711; C07K16/18; G01N33/6896; A61K2039/505; G01N2333/90254; G01N2800/2821
- Patent application
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here