Diabrux - Device and fully automated evaluation software for quantitative diagnosis of sleep bruxism
- Diabrux is worn by the patient like a night splint. The device is based on a hard plate, which is covered by five specifically linked layers with different colours and defined abrasion properties. A fully automated evaluation software is provided for standardized, objective, quantitative analysis.
- Technology Benefits
- Fully automated evaluation software enables personalized planning prior to cost-intensive treatment with high patient compliance.
- Technology Application
- Diabrux not only allows early diagnosis of bruxism, but also facilitates monitoring of bruxism activity. Thus, personalized therapy planning is possible and cost-intensive treatments can be scheduled more accurately.
- Detailed Technology Description
- Outside the scientific setting of a sleep laboratory, diagnosis of sleep bruxism mainly relies on examination for clinical evidence – e.g. indicated by the tips of the teeth appearing flat – and on standardized questionnaires. There is a lack of a user-friendly and validated device for standardized, quantitative diagnosis is available so far. As a result, bruxers are often diagnosed at late stage, when severe consequences of teeth grinding, such as abraded teeth, facial pain, headache and damage to the temporomandibular joints are apparent. As simple management of buxism such as mouthguards/splints is available to prevent damage, early diagnosis, treatment and follow-up are clearly needed.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 08/12/2010 00:00:00
- Application No.
- No CN patents
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here