odemS - Online Detection of Explosives by Microbalance Sensors
- odemS enables fast, direct online detection of the explosive TATP without enrichment steps. Fast and continuous on-site investigations of persons and objects on TATP tracks are possible
- Technology Benefits
- Very high sensitivity by high frequency oscillating Crystals
Use of low-cost electronic, potential for minimization and mass production
Continuous detection of the explosive TATP without any collection procedure
Direct detection and identification of the very volatile TATP in the airflow, (sensitivity approx. under 1ppm)
Reversible Sensor system with rapid recovery (few seconds)
Modular device is easily customise for other analytical application
- Technology Application
- A rapid and continuous on-site Detection of persons and Objects on TATP traces
is possible. The System offers a broad application spectrum. It could be used to control a great amount of
people e.g. in airlocks. On the other hand, the system has the potential for minimization. The fabrication of a handheld version of odemS could lead to a direct control system for persons, items or vehicles.
- Detailed Technology Description
- modular sensor system for online detection of Triacetontriperoxide (TATP) in gas phase. The detection took place in open air flow. Common Substances could be discriminated from the TATP signal. The Technology based on chemical modified microbalance quartz sensors. The use of common electronic parts and minor amount of affine sensor materials leads to a cost effective Fabrication.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 11/02/2009 00:00:00
- Application No.
- DE20081008660 20080211
- - international:
G01N29/036; G01N33/0057; G01N2291/0257; Y10T436/142222; Y10T436/202499; Y10T436/206664; Y10T436/25875
- Patent application
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here