SILICON CARBIDE SCHOTTKY DIODES
- The present invention relates to silicon carbide Schottky diodes and methods of productions of such diodes. In particular, the present invention relates to silicon carbide Schottky diodes comprising edge termination structures to reduce perimeter leakage.
- Technology Benefits
- Higher effeciency Schottky diodes and a more cost effective production process.
- Technology Application
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Detailed Technology Description
- A silicon carbide (SiC) Schottky diode comprises a layer of N-type SiC and a layer of P-type SiC in contact with the layer of N-type SiC creating a P-N junction. An anode is in contact with both the layer of N-type SiC and the layer of P-type SiC creating Schottky contacts between the anode and both the layer of N-type SiC and the layer of P-type SiC. An edge of the layer of P-type SiC is electrically active and comprises a tapered negative charge density at the P-N junction, which can be achieved by a tapered or sloping edge the layer of P-type SiC.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 13/12/2017 00:00:00
- Application No.
For more information, please click Here