System for forest monitoring and early detection of forest fires "Lesnoy Dozor"
- Today the main product of the company is “Lesnoy Dozor” (“Forest/Wood Watch” – transl.). It is an early warning system for forest fires. The system is also good at plotting fires’ coordinates. For this purpose any towers, modern equipment and own software are used. All of this helps “Lesnoy Dozor” to find forest fires efficiently.
- Technology Benefits
- Automatic monitoring.
Real-time data streaming.
Up to 30 cameras per one operator.
A lot cheaper than aircraft monitoring.
Third-party sources data integration, including satellite, weather, etc.
Unlimited number of users.
- Technology Application
- Our system works in more than 30 regions of Russia, though it could be applied in any part of the world.
- Detailed Technology Description
- The system operation principle is rather simple. Special surveillance equipment (video cameras, thermal imagers, infrared cameras, etc. ) is installed on various towers. These sensors observe the adjacent zone and transmit the video to control centers at once. As soon as forest fires are detected the control center operator is warned by the system; at the same time the video and the coordinates are showed on the display of his computer. After that the operator makes the final decision.
None of the modern forest fires detection systems can be deployed without preliminary design. That’s why our specialists have developed ForCAS — methodology and a set of tools in order to configure "Lesnoy Dozor" system to satisfy customers’ wants. ForCAS (Forest Coverage Analysis System) allows customers to estimate “Lesnoy Dozor” functionality in general as well as its specific characteristics and correct them in a good time if needed.
- Application Date
- Application No.
- US20140049640 A1 (USA);
US 20150116488 A1 (USA);
- Patent Information
- The invention relates to the forest video monitoring. A method and system are provided for automatically binding a video camera to the absolute coordinate system and determining changes in the video camera binding. In one aspect, the method comprises the steps of: in each of at least two predetermined time moments, aiming the video camera at an object a position of which in the absolute coordinate system centered in a point in which the video camera resides is known at said moment, and determining an orientation of the video camera in a native coordinate system of the video camera; and, based on the determined orientations of the video camera and positions of the object, calculating a rotation of the native coordinate system of the video camera in the absolute coordinate system. The calculated rotation of the video camera's native coordinate system is used to recalculate coordinates of an observed object from the video camera's native coordinate system into the absolute coordinate system. The technical result relates to the improved accuracy of locating the observed object;
The invention relates to video surveillance systems. The method includes the following steps: first, the current information about the object is collected. A path is created for exploring the area by, at least, one means of surveillance, the path consisting of a set of points with fixed values of orientation of the surveillance means which are selected in such a way as to optimally explore all possible area according to technical performance of the surveillance means, terrain, height of the building and which define a set of monitoring plots, wherein the surveillance means monitors immovably each plot with a predetermined magnification value, Each of said plurality of plots is prioritized based on the priority list of the factors characterizing the probability of detection and fire occurrence, and according to which the parameters of the inspection path are defined, including the time needed for surveillance of each plot, the analysis algorithm of the resulting data. For high priority plots the inspection path parameters are chosen so that the probability of detecting an expected event, when analyzing the data obtained from surveillance, tends to the maximum, and the probability of false alarm is in the optimal range, depending directly on the probability of detecting an expected event, Following the change in the priority factors and/or environmental conditions, the priority is changed for each of a plurality of plots. The invention improves the reliability of event detection, reduces the probability of false responses, reduces the time required for detecting events and increases the accuracy of determining the coordinates of the object;
This invention belongs to systems and methods for measuring distances to remote objects with a video camera.
According to the first option, the camera-based method for distance measurement involves the following steps: obtain at least one still frame and camera calibration parameters and then identify and enter dimensions of at least one object, the distance to which must be measured; then the distance to at least one selected object is measured on the basis of camera calibration parameters.
According to the second option, the camera-based method for distance measurement involves the following steps: obtain at least two time-lagged still frames and camera calibration parameters, select at least one object, the distance to which must be measured, form its model, and then determine the distance to the object based on the object model and camera orientation.
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here