Polycrystalline Silicon Thin Film Transistors with Bridged-Grain Structures搭橋晶粒結構多晶硅薄膜晶體管
- The present invention discloses a low temperature poly-Si technique employing the furnace annealing process, which can bring about high quality poly-Si films with as good performance as the high temperature poly-Si or the laser-crystallized poly-Si. Employing doped poly-Si lines in widths of hundreds of nanometers, intrinsic poly-Si is separated connected by the doped parallel lines in widths of half of the average grain size, which we called it bridged-grain structure (BG). Using this BG poly-Si as an active layer and making sure the TFT is designed so that the current flows perpendicularly to the parallel lines of grains, the grain boundary effect can be obviously reduced. The experimental data show that the reliability and the electrical performance of the proposed poly-Si TFT are significantly improved compared with the conventional low temperature poly-Si TFT.
- Technology Benefits
- 1. low cost
2. high uniformity
3. high stability
4. high process repeatability
- Technology Application
- - For use in flat-panel display products; manufacturers of active-matrix displays based on poly-Si can directly benefit from this invention
- Supplementary Information
- Patent Number: CN101681930B
Application Number: CN200880018195A
Inventor: GUO, Hai-cheng | MENG, Zhi-guo | WANG, Wen | ZHAO, Shu-yun
Priority Date: 22 Jun 2007
Priority Number: CN101681930B
Application Date: 4 Feb 2008
Publication Date: 14 Nov 2012
IPC Current: H01L0029786 | H01L002138
Assignee Applicant: The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Title: Polycrystalline silicon thin film transistors with bridged-grain structures
Usefulness: Polycrystalline silicon thin film transistors with bridged-grain structures
Summary: Bridged gain structure poly-silicon thin film transistor (TFT) for use in flat panel display such as LCD or organic LED (OLED).
Novelty: Poly-silicon thin film transistor (TFT) for use in LCD, has several crosswise conductive bridges that are provided on channel layer
- Sub Category
- Application Date
- 30 Nov 2009
- Application No.
- Chinese 200880018195.5
- Patent Information
- Chinese ZL200880018195.5
- ID No.
- Hong Kong
For more information, please click Here