Separation of Fullerene C60 and C70 Using Crystallization 利用結晶方法分離富勒烯C60和C70
- This invention provides for a method and process for simultaneously producing two highly pure fullerenes from mixed fullerenes that mainly contains the two components, wherein the solid-liquid phase equilibrium behavior of certain process streams are manipulated such that pure fullerenes, solid solutions, or fullerene solvates are crystallized out.
Additional purification steps are also provided to purify the solid solution or the fullerene solvate into a highly pure fullerene final product if the solid product from the crystallizers is in the form a solid solution or a fullerene solvate.
- Technology Benefits
- 1. Simultaneously isolate the two components
2. High yield
3. Low cost
- Technology Application
- - Lubricants
- Controlled-release agent in drugs
- As a component in superconductors
- Supplementary Information
- Patent Number: CN101400603B
Application Number: CN200780008734A
Inventor: Ka Ming Ng
Priority Date: 12 Jan 2006
Priority Number: CN101400603B
Application Date: 12 Jan 2007
Publication Date: 1 Dec 2010
IPC Current: C01B003102
Assignee Applicant: The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Title: Separation of fullerene c60 and c70 using crystallization | Use crystallization separating ball 60 carbon and carbon ball 70
Usefulness: Separation of fullerene c60 and c70 using crystallization | Use crystallization separating ball 60 carbon and carbon ball 70
Summary: For separating pure fullerenes from mixture of fullerenes and solvent.
Novelty: Separation of pure fullerenes from mixture with solvent, involves crystallizing fullerenes, with phase equilibrium behavior of mixture exhibiting region where pure fullerene or its solid solution/solvate can be crystallized out
- Sub Category
- Chemical/Material Application
- Application Date
- 11 Sep 2008
- Application No.
- Chinese 200780008734.2
- Patent Information
- Chinese ZL200780008734.2
- ID No.
- Hong Kong
For more information, please click Here