Molecular Sieve and Zeolite Microneedles and Preparation Thereof分子篩和沸石微型針的製造方法
- According to a first aspect of the present invention, there is provided a method of making zeolite microneedles comprising a step of preparing polymer template for the needles by a photolithographic process, wherein a layer of photo-sensitive polymeric material is coated on a substrate e.g. silica, glass, quartz, metal, etc. The fabrication of zeolite microneedles involves a precise control of the conditions for front exposure photolithography. To achieve polymeric microneedles with different degree of tapering, exposure time and developing time in the microfabrication process are varied.
According to a second aspect of the present invention, there is provided a method of fabricating hollow zeolite microneedles comprising a step of removal of the polymer needles template from the molecular sieve shell by (i) air calcination method or (ii) ozonation method. According to a third aspect of the present invention, there is provided a method of obtaining either closed-tip or open-tip microneedles Microneedles with either closed or opened tip could be prepared by varying the seeding methods and the growth conditions of zeolites. According to a fourth aspect of present invention, potential applications of microneedles include drug delivery, body fluid extraction and cosmetic purposes.
- Technology Benefits
- 1. Painless injection
2. No limitations of drug size and structure
3. Good mechanical strength and Biocompatibility
4. Reliable and precise delivery control
- Technology Application
- - For use in drug delivery , body fluid extraction, cosmetic applications
- Supplementary Information
- Patent Number: US7699819B2
Application Number: US2007674881A
Inventor: Yeung, King Lun | Wong, Ling Wai | Sun, Wenqing | Leung, Wai Kin | Lai, Wing Yan | Chan, Ngar Wai
Priority Date: 21 Feb 2006
Priority Number: US7699819B2
Application Date: 14 Feb 2007
Publication Date: 20 Apr 2010
IPC Current: A61F001300 | B28B000130 | C01B003902
US Class: 604272 | 264225 | 264306 | 423701 | 423709 | 424449 | 604191
Assignee Applicant: The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Title: Molecular sieve and zeolite microneedles and preparation thereof
Usefulness: Molecular sieve and zeolite microneedles and preparation thereof
Summary: Preparation of zeolite microneedles for pen applicator and wristwatch applicator (both claimed).
Novelty: Preparation of zeolite microneedles for pen applicator, involves providing polymer microneedles template, depositing zeolite seeds on polymer microneedles template, and growing zeolite seeds into array of zeolite microneedles
- Sub Category
- Medical Device
- Application Date
- 14 Feb 2007
- Application No.
- US 11/674881
- Patent Information
- US 7699819
- ID No.
- Hong Kong
For more information, please click Here