Retardation Films Having Single Retardation Value with Variation延遲片
- Retardation films or plates have various applications such as polarization manipulation and phase compensation. Half-wave plate (HWP) and quarter-wave plate (QWP) are the most commonly used retardation films. In all applications, the HWP and QWP should work well in the whole visible spectrum (400~700nm). However, conventional HWP and QWP using uniaxial or biaxial retardation films have strong wavelength dependence.
This invention relates to a method of extending the wavelength range of retardation films for HWP and QWP with the use of only simple conventional commercial wavelength dispersive films. By using this method, general solutions for optimal designs can be obtained. Based on this new technique, specific examples of very broadband spectrum covering the entire visible range HWP and QWP can be obtained using commercial uniaxial or biaxial retardation film. Also, it shows negligible wavelength dependence even at large viewing angles. It also extends to cover retardation films with any target dispersive property.
- Technology Benefits
- 1. Wider wavelength range of retardation film
2. Negligible wavelength dependence even at large viewing angles
- Technology Application
- - Polarization manipulation
- Phase compensation
- Supplementary Information
- Patent Number: CN101569543B
Application Number: CN200810094382A
Inventor: ZHENG, Yong-ping | ZHOU, Yong-jin | HUANG, Zheng-ming
Priority Date: 29 Apr 2008
Priority Number: CN101569543B
Application Date: 29 Apr 2008
Publication Date: 11 May 2011
IPC Current: A61B000808 | G06F001900 | G06T000700
Assignee Applicant: The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Title: Two-dimension displacement estimation method of elasticity imaging | Method for estimating two-dimensional displacement based on elastography
Usefulness: Two-dimension displacement estimation method of elasticity imaging | Method for estimating two-dimensional displacement based on elastography
Novelty: Method of estimating two-dimensional displacement of elastography, involves synthesizing displacement result of main and sub radio frequency (RF) frame estimated using matching algorithm and sub-pixel displacement estimation algorithm
- Sub Category
- Optical Element
- Application Date
- 11 Jan 2007
- Application No.
- US 11/652925
- Patent Information
- US 7969543
- ID No.
- Hong Kong
For more information, please click Here