Nu Torque™ Cotton Yarn Production Technology
- Technology Benefits
It is a major breakthrough in yarn manufacturing, which provides the means to produce singles ring yarn. The technology brings optimised processing parameters for spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing and finishing as well as improvement to the overall throughput of a spinning factory by improving bottleneck operation in spinning process. It is estimated that the overall productivity of a spinning operation will be enhanced by 20-40% with lower production cost and better product quality.
- Yarn production cost: 24-40% increase in productivity because of lower twist level at the same yarn strength; 10% saving as no yarn plying is needed.
- Finishing: 15-20% saving on finishing treatment needed for the conventional cotton fabric.
- Knitting: 10% saving in knitting cost due to lower spirality and clear surface with symmetrical loops.
- Energy saving: saving around 337 units (kilowatt hours) of electricity per one ton of yarn produced.
- Environmental-friendly: no chemicals, no water and steam required for production.
- Quality: cashmere-like soft handle.
- Technology Application
- A physical manufacturing method to produce torque balanced singles ring yarns in a single step.
- A false-twister and related components for the short staple yarn to produce low torque yarns in existing spinning mechanism.
- A control mechanism of yarn residual torque and a method to control yarn tension by adjusting the speed ratio through a mechanical device.
- Production of yarns at a range from 7Ne -100Ne ( ~ 6tex - 85tex) with twist level 25 - 40% lower than traditional ring yarn.
- An electronic control system was developed under the 5th generation of the Nu Torque technology which enables the ring spinning frame to produce standardised and quality Nu Torque yarn.
- Hong Kong