- A 3D-Printed Biomimetic Tumour Angiogenesis Model
- Technology Benefits
- A novel in-vitro-screening system for
prescreening of diagnostics and pharmaceuticals as well as testing drugs during tumour therapy
or analysis of tumour growth and tumour angiogenesis.
- Technology Application
- The present invention allows for new strategies in the 3D-cell-printing of tumour models and an alternative to animal testing. On behalf of the University of Aachen, PROvendis is offering access for commercial use in terms of a license.
- Detailed Technology Description
- Despite major progress in finding alternative methods to animal use in drug discovery and development, laboratory animal testing is in many instances still inevitable. The law also requires animal testing to determine the safety and efficacy of new medicines before testing in humans. To reduce the number of experimental animals, several in-vitro-screening systems have been developed using different 3D-in-vitro-tissue-engineering approaches. However, even though significant progresses have been made, there is still no satisfying in-vitro-screening system available, which might represent a suitable alternative to animal studies.
- Type of Cooperation
- Application Date
- 06/07/2015 00:00:00
- Application No.
- PCx US 15/323,119
PCx EP 15 747 391.9
- No CN patents
- ID No.
For more information, please click Here