Antibody Against THAP11 (#977) for Research
- Technology Benefits
- Recognizes the target protein when used in various techniques
- Detailed Technology Description
- Polyclonal antibody against Thanatos-associated protein (THAP) 11 #researchtool #antibody
Thanatos-associated protein (THAP) contains an atypical zinc finger motif with sequence-specific DNA-binding activity. Emerging data suggest that THAP proteins may function in chromatin-dependent processes, including transcriptional regulation. The roles of most THAP proteins in normal and aberrant cellular processes remain largely unknown. THAP11 has been identified as a transcriptional regulator differentially expressed in human colon cancer. Northwestern University Researchers have developed a rabbit antibody against THAP11. pAb THAP11 (977) was developed using a GST-THAP11 fusion protein as an immunogen and is able to recognize human THAP11 in ChIP, IHC, IP, and Western Blot (MW: 53kDa) techniques. The antibody was tested using colon cancer cells as a positive control.
- Debabrata Chakravarti*John Brandon ParkerSantanu Palchaudhuri
- Parker JB, Palchaudhuri S, Yin H, Wei J, Chakravarti D. (2012) Atranscriptional regulatory role of the THAP11-HCF-1 complex in colon cancercell function. Molecular and CellularBiology. 32(9):1654-1670.